ST. PETERSBURG - USF's Slocum Glider BASS is currently swimming along the WFS and is collecting/sending real time data on the Red Tide bloom.
Click on the link to view the SECOORA interactive map.
Red tide resources
- Statewide red tide updates and info from FWC: http://myfwc.com/redtide
- Statewide updates in the HAB Bulletin from NOAA: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/hab/
- Red tide information from Mote, including FAQs and the Beach Conditions Report: a monitoring system for red tide impacts on multiple Florida beaches: http://mote.org/news/environment-updates#RedTide
- Learn about red tide on Facebook from this FWC-Mote page about Florida’s harmful algal blooms: www.facebook.com/flhabs
- Latest model forecasts from USF-FWC Collaboration for Prediction of Red Tides at: http://cprweb.marine.usf.edu/